1. What can maca root do for you? Maca root has a wide range of benefits all aimed at enhancing the endocrine system’s ability to act in the most efficient manner it is capable of so as to avoid breakdowns that wreak havoc on the body. Hormonal regulation is responsible for many positive attributes that allow our systems to enjoy a variety of sensations including energy, libido, sexual arousal, fertility, athletic performance, and so much more. Maca is an adaptogen, which means that it raises the body’s response to defend itself against disease both physically and emotionally. It functions to support an area that might be deficient such as exhausted adrenal or pituitary glands that are so integral to proper endocrine function. Many people derive a variety of benefits from taking Maca Power honoring the individual’s specific needs or deficiencies.
2. What is the scientific name for Maca? Lepidium Meyenii Maca root was originally identified in the 1800’s by a German botanist Gerhard Walpers who named it “Lepidium Meyenii, Walpers” (after himself) – still the ONLY name officially recognized by the Peruvian government today.
3. Are there any other names that maca root is known? Maca is also known as Peruvian Ginseng. Its Spanish and Quechua names include maca-maca, maino, ayak chichira, and ayak willku.
4. How much maca powder should i take? For Maca to be effective and to achieve results, proper dosages should be followed. In keeping with original ancestral Peruvian dosages, you should mix a spoonful of Maca into your smoothie, yogurt, herbal tea, fruit juice, nut milk etc. Take a week off every month.
6. How do i store maca root powder? Store in a cool, dry place. It is not necessary to store it in the refrigerator, however some people feel it keeps it fresh and the consistency lighter.
7. Is maca root safe? Yes. There are no reports that Maca has any level of toxicity.
8. Do you do wholesale? How do I order in bulk? You would need to call us or send us an email regarding the quantities required and we will get back to you.